Register for a Class
Big dreams need planning! It’s never too early to start.
Our certified Homebuyer Education classes will teach you the basics of what you need to know to achieve your goal of homeownership. We will help you understand and prepare for the home purchase process.
AGENDA for Class
Are You Ready To Buy A Home
- Personal Readiness Assessment
- Pro’s and Con’s of Homeownership
- Budgeting and Savings Plan
- Credit and Debt Management
Finding Your Dream Home and the Inspection Process
- Finding the Right Home for You
- Negotiating the Purchase
- What to expect from the Home Inspection
- Guest Speakers-Real Estate Broker and Home Inspector
Obtaining Financing and The Closing Process
- Shopping for a Loan
- The Application and Approval Process
- Purchase & Sales Contract
- Preparing for your closing
- Guest Speakers- Mortgage Loan Officer and Real Estate Attorney
Landlord/Tenant Partnership-Predatory Lending-Lead Paint Issues
- Multi-family ownership
- Fair Housing
- Lead Paint Awareness
The classes will be held in Fitchburg and Gardner. For specific class locations, dates and times, please see our calendar in the right upper corner of this page.
If you are interested in pre-registering for a First-Time Home Buyer Class, please email email@example.com or complete the email form below with the location (Gardner and Fitchburg) and the date. If you have questions, please call 888-978-6261.
All sessions must be completed to receive certificate. The fee for the class is $50.00 which includes the course book and all program handouts.