Make Your Home Lead Safe
Are you concerned that your children are being poisoned by lead dust in your home? If so we have programs that may be able to help.
Housing that has lead paint poses a serious health threat, especially to children ages six and under. Some of the threats of lead exposure can include: damage to the brain and nervous system, slower growth and development, learning and behavior problems, and hearing and speech problems.
- Do you live in a home that was built before 1978?
- Are you concerned for your child’s health and safety?
- Do you have an “Order to Correct” for lead problems in your home?
- Not sure where to start?
If you answered yes to any of these questions and live in North Central Massachusetts, give us a call and we may be able to help. We have different programs available to help owner-occupants and investor-owners remove lead hazards from their homes.
- $10,000 GRANTS* available for Fitchburg, Gardner, Clinton, and Athol to help with the cost of deleading.
- 0% interest deferred payment* loan program for owner occupants of 1-4 family residential properties.
- 3% fully amortized* loan program for investors who own 1-4 family residential properties
*Program/Income restrictions apply
Healthy Homes Case Management
MOC’s Healthy Homes Case Management program provides families with lead poisoning prevention and safe deleading education. Case Management staff make referrals to MOC programs and community-based resources as necessary.
For more information about Healthy Homes Case Management program, contact MOC’s Healthy Homes Program at 978-345-7040.